Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More Allergens

Sebastian's last blood work revealed that he also is moderate to highly allergic to onions, garlic, and parsley. It is simply an adjustment as I realize that this is a lifestyle change and not like my own personal diets where I get to throw in the towel after a month of trying. Realizations like, "Could he even go to preschool in the fall and eat lunch around other kids?" and "What do you do when the childcare lets him have goldfish crackers (wheat, milk) even though they are warned of his allergens?" Long road ahead. My own personal weaknesses: consistancy and self-discipline frequently challenged.

2 comments:

Alvarez Family said...

Dear, sweet family! I have prayed for you and Sebastian's health problems...

Those are two adorable kids!! I had fun looking thru your blog. :)

Christianne Page said...

Hey! Just took some time to catch up on your blog. So sorry to hear about all of Sebastian's food issues. I totally understand the frustration, the long visits with specialists, the feeling of failure when one of your basic roles as mom (feeding your child) seems like a herculean feat. And of course the bills from all these doctor's visits and the cost of whatever special supplements they recommend!

Evelyn's problem was much simpler, but it took months to figure out what was going on, and then months more to rectify the situation. I swear it was only because I started to ask people to pray regularly that we saw any headway.

Food allergies are scary and more than a little inconvenient (my sister's son has celiac's disease and a milk allergy). I will pray for you, Sebastian, and your whole family. May God heal his little digestive system quickly!

Christianne

PS - You've probably already found support online, but I really liked www.momswearingpuke.com.