Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Roatan, plus comments

Hi, all- Roatan was simply beautiful. I cannot think of an original description for it. I've never been to Cancun, Jamaica, or any of the other popular beach-y hotspots, but I doubt they could have been AS beautiful (with Honduras pumping through our veins, I'm sure I'm quite objective in that statement. . .) I get it now. I never quite understood WHAT the appeal was of being at a beach for multiple days. I'm a believer now. The family (minus us- our kiddos were too small) swam with dolphins, we were able to snorkel by the coral reef right in front of our villas, plenty of beach time, pool time, sand castles, and travel around the island. Ate great food. Some even took a submarine ride. We had an early birthday party for Lucia (she turns 1 on August 2nd) so that we can say both of our kids had their first birthday party in Honduras. We tried desperately hard to get Sebastian to tolerate having sand on his feet and to prevent Lucia from trying to drink the ocean. Neither went well. Ahh well. . .

1 comment:

headlesschickie said...

hmmmm, looks like I imagine my "place" in Heaven might be!!

So good to talk to ya!